By the Book?
It appears that Web sites, books, magazines, and television are a greater source of pregnancy information for moms-to-be than family members and friends. We asked 291 americanbaby.com visitors to tell us where they were getting the bulk of their pregnancy information:
- 35% said the Internet.
- 27% said books.
- 26% relied mostly on magazines.
- 9% said family and friends.
- 2% cited other unspecified sources.
If you give birth to a baby boy, you'll face one of your first big decisions as a parent: will he be circumcised or not? According to a poll of 3,250 americanbaby.com visitors:
- 84% of respondents will/did circumcise their sons.
- 14% will not/did not.
- 2% aren't sure.
By Any Other Name…
Once expecting parents choose a name for their baby, few hesitate to share the chosen moniker with family and friends. We polled 537 americanbaby.com visitors, who confided:
- 81% said they will be sharing their children's names with family and friends
- 19% said they planned to keep their babies' names a secret until after the birth.
Getting baby's nursery together can be an expensive proposition. We asked 496 americanbaby.com visitors to tell us how much they did/will spend to decorate their baby's nursery. Here are the results:
- 51% said they'd spend $300 or less.
- 31% cited expenses of $501 to $1,000.
- 18% said $301 to $500.